Random Banner Image


Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Easter Pageant

We are always looking for fun things to do.  Every year in Mesa they have an Easter Pageant,  where they act out scenes of Christ's life and his resurrection.  Since we lived in Arizona we have never been.  Mostly I think, because it starts late at night and we didn't think the kids could muster through it or maybe that we could muster through it with young kids.


( I love this picture, we actually were so lucky to be close to the temple and that I had my wonderful camera when this rainbow appeared, BEAUTIFUL!)

This year was the perfect first year to go, we had Scott's sister and brother; Tyler and Chelsea in town and his Mom came, so we had more then enough help with the kids.  We also knew a wonderful friend that was going to be in the pageant, it was fun to see her perform, she did A-mazing! We had to sit pretty far back but the pageant was beautiful!  Everything was done so well and the story unfolding and telling of Christ's life was really great.

I didn't know what Chase would think since it is the first time I think he could put all the pieces together.  He was really sweet, and was talking to me all about what was happening and getting fairly emotional about it, which surprised me.  There was a lady sitting by me and after she asked me how old he was and she was crying and saying how much she enjoyed his little comments.  I felt exactly the same, it is so wonderful to have kids and hear the things they learn and how they feel the first time they experience or learn something.  It is almost like you get to relive it all over again.   It is so innocent and pure, it really helps you to get back on track with what everything means and put value on the things that are the most important.

It made me think about what Easter is about and how lucky we are to have the gospel and know about Christ and his sacrifice for us, but also to know that he was resurrected and lives!  Chase was so sad in parts and it was so nice to help reassure him by saying,"Chase it is ok, because it is going to get happier.  Christ died, but he is going to be resurrected and he is going to live again, Christ Lives!"


Carter and Chase were exhausted and fell asleep on poor Tyler on the way home.  Tyler is such the good-sport/Uncle, I love the enthusiasm.  We love when they visit, and cant wait for them to come visit again.

1 comment:

Dusty said...

Candace, WOW, that pic of the temple is stunning! I hope you blow it up and put it in your house somewhere. I will take a copy too! I cant wait to sit down ony computer and look back at your blog. You guys are the cutest family!