Random Banner Image


Saturday, December 26, 2009

Delivery Day



For all those wondering about the delivery, here goes. If not I don't blame you, you can just skip to the top and look at the cute end result.

I was hoping the baby would come like I said before Sunday's late induction, but nope. It was weird preparing for a baby and knowing that it was going to be happening that day. The nerves kind of kick in and you feel like you still have a million things to do before he comes, ect. Instead of ok, it hurts I guess we need to go to the hospital, no real time to think
about details.

We left Chase sleeping in his bed, with Grandma Palfreeman babysitting for the next couple days. It was really great of her, Chase loves her so much, so a big thank you. It was the first time I haven't been there when he wakes up in the morning, it was kind of sad to leave him.

Anyway so we went to the hospital at 9ish and we sat there while we went through the paper work, another weird thing. Then no triage, just strait up to the room. I had to have antibiotics for the next four hours, because I was positive for the Strep B. Which w
as ok since we needed some sleep probably anyway.

I was contracting a lot I guess on my own, which was news to me. I mean it hurt but I thought it was just that I had a baby in me, not so much that I was having contractions. So after 4 hours they gave me the patocin. I waited a couple hours through some not so fun contractions then got the epidural. They thought if I waited it would speed things along. About 2 hours later I was progressing enough that they called my Doctor. She was in surgery and wouldn't be out for a while so they took me off the patocin and again we waited. My water broke on its own and my Doctor came around 11:30am and after 20 min... we had a cute, healthy, little, baby, boy!!!!

Me and Scott both agree even with the induction this delivery went a lot smoother and faster then before with Chase. I don't know if it was because we new better what to expect or that it just was a lot easier but either way we are so happy to have a new little addition to our family!


3 comments:

Janna said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Two cute boys for the Palfreeman Family!

Lani said...

I'm so glad the birth went so well. Yay!

Jill said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I'm so glad the delivery went so smoothly.