Random Banner Image


Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

I absolutely love the holidays and I feel Halloween is the kick-off to all the really fun ones.  This year , I think we booked ourselves a little thin because when the day actually came for us to go trick-or-treating we all were exhausted.  The kids barely wanted to get dressed up and go, sad!  Anyway this is why... Oh and I didn't get to take cute pictures of the kids with their costumes on, on the actual Halloween Day because we were crazy busy that day, so poor kids I made them dress up one more time.  I just bribed them with popsicles and mommies guilt that they will never be little like this again.  It worked fairly well, not perfect as you will see in the next post but good enough.


(Chases costume was so funny this year.  So many people said that it completely blew there mind at first glance and they had to do a double take to see how it all worked.  A little girl at our ward party asked me in the most serious voice, "Wait, where are his legs, I don't get it." So funny, perfect for Chase, he is a character.)

October 20, 2011
We went to a really fun neighborhood Halloween party, where the kids dressed up!  There was great food, and they had a DJ, balloon making clowns, music for the kids and some fun activities.


October 29, 2011:
Then our ward had a Halloween party at the park close to our house.  This was really fun too!  They had Chili and cornbread, so great for the season.  Well, maybe would have been better if it wasn't still in the 90's anyway...
They had a haunted house the the young men put on, Chase thought he really wanted to go in and they said it wasn't that scary just fun, so I thought why not?  Well about half way through, Chase is covering his ears, screaming that he doesn't like it.  The boys were so nice, they were all saying, "it's ok Dude, we are just kids, no worries."  I pushed him through the rest of the house, and FEW over!  Well, sort of there was a guy with a chain saw that was walking around, and Chase broke into tears every time he was close.  He is not into scary things, can you tell.  On the other hand, Carter thought he was cool and was chasing him around the park, oh bother!
They had some fun games and to end the night the whole ward put fold down chairs around the park and the kids did the easiest trick-or-treating I have ever been a part of.  So Lame, I had to trick-or-treat in the snow and they just walk around the park, really what is this?  It was so funny, but they came home with a pail of candy, so obviously they were loving it!

 


( I always think that my kids are the cutest, but I had to throw this little boys picture  in because it was a close second.  What a great costume idea, and what a cutie!)


October 31, 2011
Last events, we procrastinated carving pumpkins.  Mostly because last year we carved them a bit early and they were mush on Halloween, thanks to the heat, I am sure.  So we did that right before we had to head to a block party thrown by a lady on the street behind us.  She went all out, there was a jump house and so much food, I ate so much!  Then Scott took the boys trick-or-treating, for real.  I asked him how it went and he said Chase could have went for hours, but they had to stop cause their pails were full.  He said Carter was so polite, and said, "Thank You" to every person who put candy in his pail.  He can be a good boy sometimes.

Just reminiscing on all of this makes me tired.  Next year I kind of just want to chill, hand out some candy ,and do the old fashioned trick-or-treating around the neighborhood with the boys.  We probably won't though, Halloween only comes once a year, you got to enjoy it, I guess.

2 comments:

Aika said...

So cute... I love Chase costume, what a funny idea! I kept looking at it and checking out his fake legs, because they look so real. Too funny. And of course, Carter is so cute in his lion costume. Also, that little boy as the Up! boy, so cute too. I can't believe that he stayed in his costume. You are so good, I still haven't taken pictures of my kids costumes and it's almost Thanksgiving! AAAHHH!

Brad and Amber said...

Your boys are so cute! I love their costumes, great job!