Random Banner Image


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Palfreeman Sisters Retreat



I missed last years sisters retreat in TX so this year I really wanted to go.  All the original sisters were able to go Danyelle, Ashley, Lacey and Chelsea and then the two adopted palfreeman sisters me and Katelin.
They had it in UT this year, which I am familiar with a bit, but still love!  So here is the trip in a nutshell

Day 1
Got in from the airport, oh yeah, I got to fly back with Madi which was fun.  Escorting her back to UT.  So I visited with my Dad and her for a while and then the sisters all picked me up.  Then we went to the Gateway and did some shopping.  It goes a lot faster and easier without kids.  To bad I didn't have all the money in the world to spend or there might have been some damage done.

Then we did dinner at one of my absolute favorite Mexican Resteraunts in Salt Lake.  The Red Iguana!  Yum, we shared a combo of fajitas, enchiladas, it is making me hungry and slobber just thinking of it.
Then back to the hotel for some R&R, well not to much rest but a lot of catching up, that is what girls do best I think.  We picked up Ashley from the airport fairly late and then hit the sack.

(Something about this picture I love!  It seems just like the vibe of this rester aunt.)

Day 2
We wanted to do some baptisms at the Salt Lake Temple, so we woke up and headed off.  There were a lot of weddings that day, and it was busy for baptisms to so we stayed around for a while and then had to go, because we had to check out of the hotel.  We weren't able to even do the baptisms, but it was really nice to visit in such a beautiful and peaceful place.  We headed over to eat at FireHouse Sub's, Ashley became my sharing buddy the whole trip.  I guess we both have good taste, what can you do.  Anyway it was good.  To top it off though, they all hadn't been to Nothing Budnt Cakes, and it was right there so.... I made them indulge and get a couple two or three to share. The winner for me with flavors is still, the Strawberry but you can't really go wrong at this place.


You can completely see the car leakage, funny now, not so funny then.  Well... maybe funny then, 
 for everyone but Lacey, SORRY! (;

The plan after was to head to Park City, well this is the exciting part, you ready for it... We had all 6 of us packed into a midsize, 6 seater car, and all our luggage in the trunk and we tried to chug up the mountain. It was a no go though, and the car went Kaput! Right on the high way, well come to find out it overheated and once we coasted down to this gas station not far off, and put some coolant in good as new.  We weren't going to chance it though and just headed to Provo for some dinner and fun.  We ate Chinese at China Lilly and did some more window shopping, then headed to my Dad's house to crash for the night.

Day 3
Woke up to a wonderful breakfast from the best Chef in the house, My Dad, he was awesome and it was the works!  Hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, you name it, it was all there.  Thanks Dad!  We just spent the last day with all of us hanging out, shopping, and eating some more.  We were able to go to a shower that Lacey was having for her baby.  I call him Baby Sniper, long story, because they haven't settled on an official name yet.  It has been a while since I have been to one, it was fun! We went to dinner and  then we spent one more night at my Dad's house.

Day 4
We just all went to Church together, which was weird!  No one sitting on my lap, no one to take to nursery or class and actually going to class not Nursery to teach.  Really it sounds awesome, but I was missing the fam!  It was good to get some spiritual nourishment, though.  Then to head to the Stahle house for some real nourishment, Lacey offered to cook, but she is about to have a baby so no way!  We had some great BBQ Stake, again by Chef Dad and more family!  Jared, and Lacey's family and My Sister Mindy and he daughter Harley came out to visit and eat, it was fun!  Then we played Apples to Apples and I was so caught in the moment, I forgot I needed to leave.  Me and My Dad, Mindy,  and Madi jumped in the car to head to the airport.  About half way to the airport, I got a call saying my flight was delayed.  Man, so we all visited there for a while then I checked in.  Then I was suppose to get in fairly late at 10pm and ended up getting in at I think it was 12:30am.  Scott was amazing though, and didn't complain once.  It was so good to see him!


 I think that was the best part of the trip, just coming home!  

No comments: