Random Banner Image


Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Timpanogos Temple

We drove up to Utah on Wed. Dec 15, and got in around 6:30pm. The boys did fairly well and we hit no snow going up, which was such a blessing knowing how bad it was after that. Anyway...

December 16, 2010:
The next day I was going to help Ginny go through the temple for the first time. Scott stayed with the boys, which was so great of him so I could just go and not worry. We were able to attend the temple with my Dad and some close family, My Uncle Mel and My Aunt Deniece and her husband Craig, and it was such a beautiful experience.

(Me and Ginny after at the Timpanogos Temple, that day)

Ginny did great, but I don't think I was the best escort because I was a little emotional and all that normal Candace jazz. Anyway, I felt real honored that she thought of me to take this special step with her. It will be a day in the temple I will always hold real special in my heart, thanks Ginny!

(Ginny and Matt, that same day)

Going through with Ginny step by step for the first time, made me think about that first time I went through the temple with my family and Scott. I remember feeling so nervous and excited about being there for the first time, but after entering those doors I felt then like I always do going to the temple. Like coming home. A beautiful peace, and a sanctuary from the outside world to think and learn about the things that really matter most.

(Me and Scott, 5 almost 6 years ago at the Timpanogos Temple:
When I went through the temple for my first time.)

I think about the great blessings that I have in my life because of that one choice I made that day, this quote by President Benson, sums up a lot of my feelings, "The temple will be an ever-present reminder that God intended the family to be eternal." I feel that every time I go to the temple my love for my family grows, knowing that this family of ours is forever!

(My Parent and us that same great day!)


3 comments:

Aika said...

awww... young Candace... You look the same actually. ;) Anyways, that was so sweet of you to post that. I can't believe that it snowed like crazy, because the picture you took of your sister and fiance looks like it was a perfect day.

LeAnn said...

That was such a sweet post Candace. I loved hearing about your experience with Ginny and seeing those pictures of you, Scott and your parents the day you went through the temple for the first time. You are so wonderful! It was so good to talk to you today. Keep posting these beautiful words- you help me to be reminded of what matters most too!

Marilyn said...

Well said Candace!
Love your blog.