Random Banner Image


Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"Ewww... You got bugs on yo hand!"


(We will start with a cute picture!)

Last week was one of those weeks. It started off with Scott going to the dentist he came back telling me good news and bad news. The good news our new dentist is really good. Bad news, he had to get a root canal. Eeeek, that is some bad news! I was dreading the outcome of my visit the day after.

Then the next day this happened around 8am...

(Chase said the other day when he saw it, "Ewww... You got bugs on yo hand!")

It was a silly, clumsy accident, while I was trying to cut Rice-Krispies. I must have really wanted that Rice-Krispy! Oh man, I just keep thinking what a nerd I am! It was good Scott was working from home that day. I told him I cut my hand while franticly pacing the kitchen. Then once we washed it off it felt fine. I looked at it a little while after and told him I think I can see the muscle. Sorry a bit graphic, he was like yep, you need to go get it checked out.

I didn't have time to go to get it all fixed before I went to the dentist so I just went to the dentist first, just for a cleaning, no cavities, YAY!

Then headed over to the urgent care where the doctor stitched me up. It hasn't been hurting just annoying. The first couple days I couldn't really give the kids a bath or even really do my hair in a pony tail.

The things you use that flabby skin, part of your hand for, hmmm...who knew? I'm not suppose to get it wet, which ousts me from swimming, too much. Which is stinky, since it is getting so hot here. Then the Dr. said I need to take them out in about 2 more weeks. It's been a week already. I'm thinking of taking them out myself, you all have any success stories doing that?

Oh and about that week too, we noticed Carter was cutting his first tooth. He has been really great though, just a little more slobbery then usual. Hopefully it doesn't get worse, Chase was the worst while teething.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh Candace I am so sorry! I hope it heals well. Hope this week is a little better for you.

Janna said...

Had to take my four year old for stitches just today! She seems to be very proud of her three - what a way to start out the summer! That little guy of your is growing growing! I will always remember I got to hold him when he was tiny!!

Brad and Amber said...

Teeth! I can't believe he has teeth! Ryker is still toothless! I am sorry about your hand!