Random Banner Image


Friday, January 02, 2009

A White Christmas

Sorry I am getting this out a bit late, but I'm sure you all know how it goes around Christmas. It just gets busy.  This one is kind of a long one, just to warn you.

We were able to go to Utah this year for Christmas.  My Family lives in Spanish Fork and we were so excited to go home and see all of them.  So as I'm sure many of you know it is quite a drive to get up there and this was our first experience with taking this drive with Chase.  He did so great, exceeding all expectations, thank goodness for the DVD player, he was glued.  He barley cried or whined the whole trip he was so content just sitting there watching Sesame Street.  We did hit a few rough snowy spots on the way up so it was so great that he did so well


When we finally made it to Utah there was so much snow, I can't remember the last time there was that much snow for Christmas.  Anyway we all were enjoying it.  Chase loved it and would cry when we had to go inside to de-thaw.  His favorite part was eating it off his gloves, or sticking his face directly in it to taste it.  It was pretty funny.

Me and Scott got to do some shopping with my family before the big day.  We were also able to take Chase to see Santa.  He  loved it, especially Santa's jingle bells.  He gave a big grin right after we snapped this picture.  Isn't that always how it goes though.

We were also able to go up to Salt Lake and have dinner as a family at Red Iguana, yummy, if you are ever up there, check it out.  Then go to Temple Square and see the lights.  They are always amazing even when it is freezing outside.  




And here is poor Chase, he was so bundled up he could barley move any limbs.  He was such a great sport, I think he really enjoyed just being out and looking around.

Then finally the big day arrived, this is Chase's second Christmas but it completely felt like his first.  He was so excited to see all the presents that everyone got.  When he finally got around to opening some up he would open one and then take it and play with it for a while.  He wasn't even interested in opening any others, he was good with that one.  We would have to take the one he opened and hide it so he would open the next one.  We all made out like bandit's thanks to Santa and Grandma and Grandpa.  

Chase loved this shirt he got from grandma he pulled it our of the laundry the day I washed it and had to wear it.  He is so addicted to anything Sesame Street.  I think his other favorite gift was the one grandpa gave him, it's like this dancing dog.  He laughed so hard I will have to post the recording on the blog when I get it all downloaded.

We had such a great time spending time with the family.  Madi my little sister got guitar hero and I think we all spent till like 1am one night playing it.  I wish I had taken pictures it was so funny.  It is so nice to be around family around Christmas time.  I am so blessed to have such a great family, who always are there with open arms.  So thank you everyone for all the love and fun, this Christmas.  Chase got so spoiled being held all day and night, he was sad when we got home and there was only me and Scott to entertain him.  We miss you all and can't wait to see all of you soon.

We did miss sunny AZ though.  When we got home Chase was excited to get outside, free from all the layers of clothing and run around.  




3 comments:

Shelley said...

I can't believe chase is one! I remember at graduation when you told me your were prego! I missed you over the break - next time you come up call me! I'm glad you had a great christmas

Brittney said...

So sorry I am a slacker. I just woke up and jumped on here to say SORRY. I set alarm, checked it last night just to be sure, was in bed at 10, and still no go. I swear someone is trying to sabatage me. anyway, so sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Aika said...

I miss Utah and seeing all the sites. Chase picture with Santa is quite amazing. He's so good!!! I'm a little jealous.. :) The pictures with your family were so cute.